The Energy and Environment Partnership Programme with the Mekong Region
The 6th Call for Proposals (CfP 6)
Clean Energy Promotion in the Mekong Region
The Energy and Environment Partnership Programme with the Mekong Region (EEP Mekong) is seeking applications for projects on Clean Energy application. The projects shall aim at improving livelihoods and climate resilience in rural communities and semi-urban areas in the EEP Mekong countries through improved access and use of reliable, sustainable and affordable clean energy. EEP Mekong is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland. The EEP Mekong Regional Coordination Unit (RCU) is based in Vientiane – Lao PDR.
Focus of the CfP is to support private sector clean energy projects in the Mekong Region that are close to commercial maturity but need a limited amount of ‘bridging’ finance to enable sustainable business growth. Facilitation of know-how transfer on Clean Energy application between Finland and project developers in the Mekong Region is emphasized in this CfP.
Applications for project funding are sought in two stages:
1. Concept notes - based on which successfully evaluated applicants are invited to submit
2. Full Project Proposals.
Concept Note applications will be evaluated using the following criteria:
1. Commercially viable business idea
2. Capability of the applicant in terms of technology know-how and project/financial management
3. Development impacts and climate change mitigations of the project
4. Scale-up/replication potential and/or potential to mobilize future investment, and
5. Financial leverage (own financing share).
The evaluation criteria for Concept Notes and Full Project Proposals are shown in the CfP guidelines. It is considered as an advantage if the projects are implemented jointly between a project developer from the Mekong Region and a Clean Energy service provider from Finland.
- Announcement of the Call for Proposals (CfP)
30th May 2016
- Deadline for Concept Note Submission (CLOSED)
EXTENDED TO 16TH AUGUST 2016, AT 17:00HRS, HELSINKI TIME (GMT+3) - via online application
- Invitation for submission of Full Project Proposal (only for selected Concept Notes)
Early September 2016
- Deadline for Full Project Proposal submission
21st October 2016
- Selected projects start implementation
- The minimum size of a proposed project is 200,000 Euro. There is no maximum size, but the EEP grant portion is capped at 1,000,000 Euro
- To be eligible, project developers have to be registered in one of the following Mekong countries; Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam, or in Finland. The funded projects have to be implemented in the before-mentioned Mekong countries.
- More information, please visit EEP Mekong Website: How to apply, Guidelines: Concept Notes and Full Project Proposals Submission, and other application documents.
- Registration and log-in to online application can be accessed through www.eepmekong.org